Pure Physiotherapy offers virtual/telehealth physiotherapy services. This type of therapy can be easily done from the comforts of your home using a computer, laptop/tablet or smartphone.
With Virtual/Telehealth physiotherapy, we can:
- Perform an initial assessment/consultation to provide a diagnosis and suggestions on how to effectively manage your pain, condition or injury
- Perform an ergonomic assessment of your home workstation
- Prescribe exercises and stretches and ensure you’re doing them correctly with instant feedback, and then provide you with supporting photos, instructions and videos
- Educate you about your condition/injury
How does it work?
Contact us and we will schedule you in at a convenient time. You’ll receive an email with simple instructions about how to join the session from your computer, laptop/tablet or smartphone.
Will my insurance cover it?
Most insurers now recognize the need for alternate ways for people to seek healthcare. Please contact your benefits provider with any questions that you may have about your individual coverage.
IMPORTANT: NEW COVID-19 CLINIC PROCEDURES
Pure Physiotherapy has officially reopened for in-person visits in keeping with directives from the Ministry of Health and the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
Pure Physiotherapy is committed to ensuring the safety of our clientele and community. As such, we have made several important changes to our clinic policy and procedures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and to responsibly provide care to our clients
We thank you for following these new clinic procedures and we look forward to seeing you and to helping you in your recovery!
- Pure Physiotherapy will continue to offer video/telephone appointments!
- These appointments respect our client’s safety preferences and follow the guidelines set out by the College of Physiotherapists to support physical distancing and to minimize contact of persons with health care settings
- Initial assessments will begin as virtual consultations to minimize the in-person time required in clinic
- Payments will be automatically billed via credit card or electronic transfer. Credit card information will be saved in our secure scheduling system
- Prior to an in-person appointment you will be required to fill out the Covid-19 screening questionnaire sent to you
- Entering the facility is not permitted until this questionnaire has been completed
- At the time of your appointment you will be screened again
- If someone screens positive for Covid-19 they will not be permitted to enter the clinic and online/telephone appointments will be suggested instead
- Please note, the questionnaire needs to be filled out before every appointment
- We have blocked off at least 15 min before and after each client to disinfect and sanitize the clinic. This also allows us to stagger clients to minimize the number of clients in the clinic at one time
- Scheduled appointments will be different now than our previous on the hour/on the half hour booking, so please record your appointment time carefully
- Timeliness will allow us to adhere to our expanded and rigorous cleaning and safety protocols
CLINIC ENTRY/WAITING AREA
- Clients are to remain outside the clinic prior to their appointment time until they have been called inside
- Clients are requested to come to appointments unaccompanied unless they are a minor or they require an assistant for medical reasons or translation. Please alert the clinic ahead of time if anyone needs to accompany you to your appointment
- Clients are asked to leave personal items (purses, jackets, water bottles, etc.) in their cars or at home
- The front door of the clinic is sanitized prior to your arrival
- Clients will be asked to remove their shoes upon entry into the clinic
- Chairs have been removed from the waiting area as well as other non-essential items
- A plexiglass barrier is now on the reception desk
- Please note that for the safety of our clients the washroom will not be available, except in the case of an emergency. The sink will still be accessible to wash your hands
- Please use the washroom at home prior to leaving for your appointment
- The College of Physiotherapists of Ontario is mandating clients to wear masks (cloth/fabric masks are acceptable) prior to entering the clinic
- A mask will be provided to you at your first visit if you do not have one
- Due to limited supply and the increased costs of this product, if you continue to require a mask they will be available to purchase for $2
- *Please note, we must refuse treatment if a client refuses to wear a mask*
- Clients must sanitize their hands upon entering and when leaving the clinic and will be observed that they have done so. Clients must also sanitize their hands before putting on or taking off their masks
- A sink is available for clients to wash their hands as well
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- We will be wearing masks & safety goggles for all client appointments and washing/sanitizing hands prior to all treatments
- Depending on the physical contact required for the appointment a face shield, gown and/or gloves will also be used
NO CONTACT PAYMENT
- Payments for all appointments will be contactless
- Credit card information is stored securely on our scheduling software
- Receipts will be sent via e-mail and no cash/cheques will be accepted
CLINIC CLEANING & SANITIZING
- All areas of the treatment room and clinic that clients have physically contacted are disinfected immediately after each session (door handles, treatment tables, chairs, reception desk, payment machine)
- We use only Health Canada approved disinfectants and cleaners
- Hand sanitization stations have been set up around the clinic for your convenience
- We continue to follow all guidelines set out by Public Health Ontario and the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND RESPECT
Pure Physiotherapy is continuously striving to provide the best client experience we can, as safely as we can, to maximize your recovery
About Pure PhysiotherapyPure Physiotherapy is dedicated to providing quality patient-centred care. Our primary focus is using our manual therapy training and the latest evidence-based practice to ensure you have the best service and quickest recovery possible.
Our therapists work with you one-on-one, without any assistants, allowing us to take the time to answer your questions and provide you with a broader understanding of your problem.
We strongly believe in continued education, which allows our skilled therapists to stay on top of the latest assessment and treatment techniques and provide you with the best possible care.
Our philosophy is three-fold
- To find the root cause of your problem,
- Address it,
- Teach you long-term management solutions that allow you to return to optimal function quickly and safely with lasting results.
We don’t believe in any band-aid fixes or wasting your appointment time passively hooked onto machines. We do believe in proper posture, core and a balanced body.
Joanna Nelken, HonBSc, MScPT, Cert. MDT, FCAMPT, Clinic Owner and Director
Joanna graduated with an Honours Bachelors of Science degree in Pathobiology from the University of Toronto, prior to completing her Masters of Physical Therapy degree also from the University of Toronto.
Joanna is licenced and registered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario and the Canadian Physiotherapy Association, Orthopedic Division. Joanna has been working in private practice orthopedics since 2008 and has taken several post-graduate courses to further her skills.
Joanna is certified in the McKenzie Method, which is an internationally recognized treatment method for spinal and peripheral disorders. She has also completed the Mulligan Concept courses (Upper and Lower Extremity). Most recently, Joanna has obtained her Advanced Diploma of Manual and Manipulative Therapy and is a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy (FCAMPT).
Joanna utilizes a combination of manual therapy treatment techniques, and individualized exercise prescription to allow her clients to quickly return to optimal function.
Joanna loves to stay active through running, cycling and hiking and participating in numerous sports including soccer, ultimate frisbee, ice hockey and basketball.
Pure Physiotherapy offers custom knee braces. These custom knee braces are used to stabilize the knee due to ligament instability/injury or for knee osteoarthritis in order to decrease stress on the knee and promote maximal return to function. These braces are measured on-site and provide a specific fit for you and your needs. Most insurance companies will cover custom knee braces with a Medical Doctor’s referral. Pure Physiotherapy also offers a variety of off-the-shelf braces for conditions such as patellofemoral pain syndrome, knee pain, ligament instability, osteoarthritis, ankle sprains, carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist/finger sprains, and tennis elbow. Our team will be able to help you determine which brace to select for your specific needs.